Are you ready for your next sailing challenge?
This three-day course is aimed at sailors who want to develop their understanding of heavy weather and the techniques to prepare for, avoid and sail in these conditions. We pack a lot into this course to ensure you’re fully equipped with the necessary skills and training.
We can’t guarantee heavy weather but we can guarantee a good balance of theory and practical training while sailing onboard one of our 72ft Challenger yachts, which were designed and built for these conditions.
- Weather – forecasting, access and strategy management
- Boat preparation – design, stability, safety, equipment and maintenance
- Crew preparation – management, personal equipment, physical and mental preparations
- Heavy weather sailing techniques
- Scenario-based handling using real-life case studies
Proceeds from our adult voyages help fund our vital youth development work, focused on helping all young people to fulfil their true potential through life-changing adventures at sea, no matter what barriers they may face.
If you or the person you’re booking for, is unable to take part in this voyage due to any of the following:
- The area you’re travelling from, or to, has issued a COVID travel ban
- You test positive for coronavirus (and can supply proof)
- You’re asked to self-isolate (and can supply proof)
We’ll offer you a credit that can be used as payment, or part payment, for a future reservation booked within six months from the date of cancellation. For more information, please contact: email@example.com
See our full conditions of booking for our T&Cs.