School’s out for summer if you’re lucky enough to have finished your exams!
We have a group of these young people joining us onboard the ketch for a Voyage of Exploration to celebrate!
Check out their blog.
Today’s adventure was both exciting and nerve-racking, considering it was the team’s first sail together. We realised the importance of teamwork and what we can achieve under pressure and in difficult situations. Our combined strength, commitment and skills sailed us from Portsmouth into Lymington harbour!
Joe’s highlights of the day:
- making croissants for the crew whilst sailing at full speed
- Seeing the only commercial hovercraft in action, ferrying people across to The Isle of Wight
- Seeing the biggest aircraft carrier in Britain
- Seeing a seal in the morning
- Sailing the ship at a speed of around 10 knots