We’re hiring freelance Skippers and Mates to work on our Challenger and ketch vessels.
Tall Ships Youth Trust is dedicated to enabling young people aged 12-25 to fulfil their life potential through experiences at sea and by breaking down the barriers they face.
Successful applicants will need to complete an application form including a DBS check and will be required to complete both practical and online training.
Candidates need to:
- be able to work with young people from diverse backgrounds
- have good communication skills
- ensure levels of safety and standards aboard are maintained
- be able to fulfil their role effectively
- act with tact and diplomacy
Minimum qualifications required:
- Yachtmaster Offshore (with Commercial Endorsement)
- ENG1 (Preferred) or ML5
- RYA First Aid (with Cat C) or similar MCA approved Frist Aid
- VHF Radio License